Our Board of Directors is sensitive to the needs of bereaved families, as many of our members lost their children to cancer. We share their grief by attending memorial services, sending comfort packages, and meeting with parents and siblings to listen and care for them. We also encourage mourning families to use the resources below:
- Centering Corporation – Provides books for children and adults, My Friends Emotion Dolls, a Memory Bag for children, DVDs and caring cards, educational offerings and workshops for caregivers and families dealing with grief and loss.
- Compassionate Friends – Provides friendship, understanding and hope to to those going through the natural process of grief for a child.
- The Dougy Center – Provides support in a safe place where children, teens, young adults, and their families grieving a death can share their experiences.
- Growth House – Provides education about life-threatening illness and end-of-life care with access to over 4,000 pages of high-quality educational materials, including the full text of several books, about end-of-life care, palliative medicine and hospice.
- Life with Cancer – Provides free support groups and individual counseling to kids, teens and adults grieving the loss of a loved one to cancer.
- Grief Interventions for Children With ADHD – Children who are diagnosed with ADHD, External link or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, the manifestations of grief can exacerbate ongoing struggles to focus and manage stress.